|photo via destination360.com|
Plenty of vitamin C in this delicious mix. And here's some other good health news: the parsley is a rich source of antioxidants and even folic acid, which is one of the most important of the B vitamins--important for cardiovascular health. Also assists in preventing colon and cervix cancer. And those delicious tomatoes are extremely nutritious as well--they are antioxidant, even as it pertains to bone health and help to prevent a variety of cancers (breast and prostrate, for example)! Some studies have linked tomatoes with a decreased like of neurological diseases, such as Alzheimer's. . . So eat up and enjoy the health treat you're giving your body.
What you need:
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced seedless cucumber, (1/4 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
How to make:
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, parsley, olives, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl; toss gently to mix. Serve within 1 hour.