|photo from Food Buzz|
This is an easy recipe that is quite adaptable to your own favorite flavors--more chili powder for instance? Maybe some cayenne for extra spice? Although the recipe suggests spraying the cookie sheet, you can also put a bit of oil on it instead (olive). Wonderful served with asparagus, broccoli, or an assortment of your favorite vegetables. Enjoy!
- 1/2 block extra firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (the hot version is awfully good. . . )
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Press excess liquid from tofu. Wrap several paper towels around tofu, and place tofu in between two plates. Let stand for 15 minutes. (Ed. note: This is a step that you can omit if you're using Tofu Yu tofu!)
- Cut tofu in 1 inch by 1 inch pieces.
- In a small, microwave-safe bowl, mix EVOO, honey, chili powder, paprika and black pepper.
- Microwave marinade for 35 seconds and stir thoroughly.
- Spray cooking sheet.
- Coat each piece of tofu in marinade and place on cooking sheet.
- Cook at 375 for 30 minutes, turning once.