|photo by Rachel S, allrecipes.com|
Recipe Submitted By: Libby
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu
- 1/2 cup milk or soy milk
- 1 cup Parmesan or Asiago cheese
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic; cook until soft and translucent, but not brown. Add spinach; cook, stirring frequently, until wilted.
- Place tofu, milk, cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Stir pureed tofu into spinach. Cook until warmed through. Adjust seasonings, if desired, and serve.